Tuesday, August 4, 2015

DIY: Clothesline Picture Frame


I don't know about you, but I have been seeing these adorable clothesline frames all over Pinterest and in stores around town. However, despite my weird love for picture frames and the fact that these clothesline frames are fun and unique, I'm not sure it's worth spending $30 or more for essentially just a frame and some clips! Luckily, if you have a glue gun on hand, you can easily make one yourself! James surprised me by making this one for my birthday and it only cost him less than $10!!


First, he purchased a cheap white frame. The one he found was from Walmart for $4. He also purchased the mini clothespins from Walmart for $2. He already had some twine at home but it can be purchased for $1 from craft or hardware stores (I actually just saw some fun colorful twine yesterday in the dollar spot at Target).

I don't have pictures of the step by step process, since I didn't make it myself, but it's honestly so easy I doubt you would even need them. Simply plan your three rows (or any number you want) of twine, cut, and hot glue them to the back of the frame! It might be helpful to consider the size of the photos you are going to use before you cut and glue, so you can measure how far down they will hang and space your twine accordingly.


Originally, James printed 9 pictures from the photo counter at Target and they were about 14 cents each. So that brought his project total to about $7.26! However, if you have to buy glue and/or twine it would obviously cost a little bit more. Also, if you're like me and you love Polaroids, you can spend a little more to make and hang your own. I used the Polaroid Fotobar and uploaded my own pictures for $1 each and received them in the mail only a week later. Yes, it did cost a bit more than the 14 cent printouts, but I think they add some extra fun to the frame and look amazing :)


SHARE:

2 comments

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig