Friday, January 22, 2016

7 Skincare Favorites


As much as I love all the latest and greatest makeup products, I'm a firm believer that looking fabulous should start with a great skincare routine. However, I know this is often easier said than done. We all have unique skin types and trying to decide between thousands of products can be exhausting. Where do we start? What will work best for us? Personally, I've struggled with my skin since I was 15 years old. With large pores, an oily t-zone, and skin that's prone to scarring, it's taken me years of trial and error to find products that work best for me. So even though I'm always on the hunt for new items, I thought I would take a minute to share some of my favorites I've discovered (and stuck with) over the years.




1. Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Cleanser: This cleanser is at the top of my list because despite the fact that I've only been using it a week, I'm already in love! You wasted no time winning me over, Michael. It's a gel cleanser that's targeted for oily and acne prone skin. It contains charcoal to deeply cleanse pores and tea tree oil to help with spots and impurities. I love it because it cleans my face completely (without drying me out) and leaves my skin feeling smooth and amazing. My pores look smaller and my skin looks better after each use. Love Love Love. I've heard the Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner is an amazing product to pair with this. It was out of stock when I ordered the cleanser but I'm excited to purchase it soon! 


2. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub: I'll be surprised if you're reading this and haven't heard of this apricot scrub before, simply because it's been such a popular skincare product for years. Despite the fact that this is such an old-school product (seriously, I don't think I know any friends who haven't used this at some point in their lives), it's still popular because it's so great. Gel and foam cleansers are awesome, but I love to exfoliate my skin a few times a week as well. I love that this scrub contains all-natural exfoliants (corn kernel meal and walnut shell powder) and 2 percent salicylic acid to remove dead skin and help keep blemishes under control. If you don't already know, Target's store brand Up & Up is amazing, and I buy their version instead because it's a bit cheaper and works just as well. #Targetaholic


3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer: Ever since experiencing the joy of puberty, I've had to deal with acne scars. These days I rarely get pimples, but when I do it still takes forever for them to fade. So I've come to realize that, unfortunately, my skin just scars easily and heals slowly. LUCKILY, this moisturizer has changed my life. It contains Total Soy Complex which helps even out my skin tone and improve spots and scars. Plus, the Natural Light Diffusers brighten my skin and really do make it look more radiant (the name ain't lying, people). The SPF 15 is also an added bonus for a pale girl like me. Again, I would basically trust Target with my life, so I buy their version to save a bit of money. If you're unsure about not buying the original, I can tell you I have used both and did not notice a difference!

P.S. Another perk- a little goes a long way! I use it daily and I've still had the same bottle for almost a year (as you can tell from my picture above).


4. Magical Moringa Facial Moisturizer: This is another product that I haven't been using very long but I had to include it in the list anyway. I originally came across this Lush item while trying to find a new primer that would keep my incredibly oily skin under control all day. I was a bit hesitant since I already have a daily moisturizer I love, but after reading all the amazing reviews online I decided to give it a try. The best thing about Magical Moringa is the fact that it moisturizes and primes your skin at the same time. So two steps in your daily beauty routine are combined into one! This product is also true to it's word when it comes to keeping me matte. It doesn't quite keep me shine-free all day, but it certainly does the trick for several hours. It makes my skin feel silky and the natural ingredients are a plus. The only negative is the texture. It's solid and requires you to warm with your hands before applying, which I don't really enjoy. If I had to choose between moisturizers, Aveeno is still my favorite during the day, but I really love using this after washing my face at night (waking up matte is the best). 


5. Mask of Magnaminty: Best best best face mask, hands down. In my opinion, Lush has several killer face masks to choose from, but this one takes the cake. What I love about this mask is that it does it all. It deeply cleanses pores, gently exfoliates, soothes skin, calms redness, and gives you an awesome, tingly sensation while you wear it. I use this once every week or so and always before special occasion. I can't praise it enough. After using, my pores look smaller and my skin is bright and fresh. Also, did I mention how great it feels while wearing it? I just love a face mask that tingles, so thank you peppermint! The best part is: unlike other Lush masks, you don't need to keep it refrigerated and it can last up to four months.

6. Dr. Teal's Foaming Bath: Growing up with three bothers who are all athletes, I have long since learned the power of soaking in a tub full of epsom salt. Now that I'm three weeks into my own boot camp course at the gym, I have an intense appreciation for Dr. Teal and his magic. What I love about this product is that I can soothe my aching muscles in a lovely bubble bath. No more sitting in grainy tubs of salt! Plus, the Soothe & Sleep version contains lavender which relaxes me and preps me for a good night's sleep. A little goes a long way with this product too. You'll be surprised how many heavenly bubble baths you'll get out of one bottle. 


7. Burt's Bees: Beeswax Lip Balm: Last but not least... The One. The Only. I haven't had anything else in my bag since high school. I've used it so long that James and I don't even refer to it as chapstick, we just call it Burt. "Hey can I use some Burt?" The simple mix of beeswax and peppermint are pure bliss. Together they moisturize (hello smooth, healthy lips) while giving you a refreshing tingle. Is it weird to be so in love with a lip balm? Oh well. Love you, Burt. 

What are some of your favorite skincare products?? :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig