Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Look Back at 2017


Happy new year, friends! 2017 was an amazing year for me, filled with tons of new experiences and exciting adventures, and I'm forever grateful. Before jumping into 2018 with my long list of goals and resolutions, I felt the need to pause and look back on all the wonderful things the past year had to offer and share my favorite moments of 2017. I also wanted to take a minute to thank you all for your love and support. I started this blog on a whim, as something to do in my spare time. I never really planned on sharing it with anyone and even when I did, I certainly never thought anyone would read it. So, thank you. Thank you for reading, following, and supporting this blog, and in turn supporting me. You guys are awesome and I wish you nothing but the best in 2018!

Ok ok, now let's take a look back:

Whole30: In January we did our first ever Whole30! Is it crazy to admit it was actually kind of fun? It was a huge challenge for us and of course it was difficult at times, but that's what made it so rewarding. I have zero willpower when it comes to food (give me all the junk food) and I always try to bend the rules when it comes to dieting or eating healthier. So completing 30 WHOLE DAYS and following all the rules was a huge win for me and I'm proud. It was also fun to spend so much more time cooking together and trying new foods. Honestly... I've been thinking about doing it again this year! Maybe this time I'll blog about it.


Feeling More Comfortable Taking Blog Photos: Ok, so maybe this one isn't 100% true... but I tried! Will taking blog photos ever NOT be awkward? I'm thinking the answer is no. Especially in public. How do you other bloggers do it?? I didn't exactly figure it out in 2017, but I did spend some more time trying. So that's a win, right?

   


We Celebrated Our Anniversary in Asheville: I can't believe I've been married to the coolest guy for a whole year already! Time really does fly when you're having fun. If you missed my mushy anniversary post, you can find it here. To celebrate, we took a short trip to Asheville, NC and it was awesome! The city is full of art, great food, and super fun breweries. You can read all about our trip here



We Went to Ireland: This was our biggest trip of the year and SO much fun! My entire family and some friends (30 something of us total) may have only been there a week, but we crammed so much into each day and definitely made the most of our time. In fact, as soon as we arrived we hopped off our flight at 6AM and immediately had to rush and catch a bus for the day-long tour we had booked. No resting or stopping till we made it back to our B&B at 11PM that night. It was crazy and a VERY long first day in Ireland, but completely worth it. We visited places like the Cliffs of Moher, Doolin, Galway, Belfast, Carlingford, and Dublin (of course) and got to see beautiful mountains and farms, hang out in village pubs, tour the city of Dublin, visit the Titanic museum, explore the Guinness factory and drink a free pint at the top, sample whiskey at the Teeling & Jameson distilleries, and so much more. I can't even begin to explain all the amazing, funny, and crazy moments we shared on that trip.







My Little Brother Got Married: In Ireland! Yep, that was the purpose of our big trip and the reason why all of our family traveled together! They got married in a small house in Carlingford and the setting could not have been more beautiful. We took pictures in the garden (with mountains in the background) and danced ALL night in the banquet room upstairs. The bride looked gorgeous and my brother bawled his eyes out (the best part of the day) and it was perfect. Congrats again Matt and Brittany!





Mumford & Sons in Orlando: There are very few things better than seeing your all time favorite artist live in concert. When Mumford & Sons came to St. Augustine in 2013 (and we actually managed to get tickets) I sang, I danced, I laughed, I cried, and honesty, I thought it was one of the best experiences of my life and I was so grateful, fully thinking I wouldn't get the chance to see them in concert again. So when I found out they were coming to Orlando (only 2 hours away) I started freaking out, but felt like it wasn't worth the money (for tickets and a hotel) after spending so much in Ireland. Then, James surprised me with tickets and let me just tell you, if I hadn't already married him, I would have married him right then on the spot. He's the best! So I got to see them FOR A SECOND TIME and again I sang and danced and laughed and cried. No shame. And I was so busy doing those things that I really don't have any pictures, but here's a blurry one of us walking to the venue and just look how happy we look.


Last but not least, WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST HOUSE! Since we're building, we've technically only purchased the lot until the house is finished and we close and sign for it, etc etc... but basically we bought a house!! We couldn't be more excited! We got to pick our floor plan, colors, and I've already been picking out furniture and decor online. It's so hard to be patient! But as of today, we only have about two months until it's finished and I can't wait to share it will you all!


Thank you, 2017. You were so so good to me. And again, happy new year, friends! I hope 2018 is filled with lots of love and happiness for all of you. I can't wait to see what it has in store!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Beautiful pictures and great post! Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you! xoxo

    www.cantiquejoice.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig