Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Simple Dresser Makeover


It's amazing how much a coat of paint and some new hardware can completely transform an old dresser! We have two in our bedroom that belonged to my Mom when she was a little girl. I brought them with me when I moved out, despite James's hesitation. In his defense, yes, they were both covered in marks, the paint was a little more grey than white, and the knobs (with colorful, painted flowers) did seem a little girly for our shared bedroom. But, I loved them anyway and I knew we could refurbish them at some point. And I'm excited to say that point has finally come!



I'm so happy with how they turned out. It may not seem like a dramatic difference, but I loved the original white and knew I wanted to stick with that same color. So really, the only thing they needed was a fresh white coat of paint and some new knobs. Side note here: who knew knobs were so expensive?? The price might not seem so bad when you only need a few, but we needed 20 round knobs and 10 handles. After checking with a couple of home improvement stores, we realized we would be paying around $3-4 per knob and it would have been around $130! No way. Thank goodness for Amazon. We were able to find the same ones we wanted and only spent around $30 total. So if you're shopping for new hardware, don't forget to check online!

Here's a look at the before and after. Enjoy! :)

Before





After







SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, you have amazing ideas and golden hands.
    Blog: www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/glaringwaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing. I never thought I'd be sat reading a blog post about handles, but here we are. You forget how essential they are to a look! I'm currently so obsessed with homeware as I've got a new flat to move into soon, so this was SO satisfying hehe. Great job xx

    www.lexilife95.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig