Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Day in Historic Fernandina Beach, FL


Spring Break 2017 is here! While I'm loving having the entire week off, I definitely wish the rest of my family & friends could enjoy it with me. I have to admit, I feel guilty lounging around and tanning by the pool while everyone else is busy at work. Just a tiny bit guilty. A teeny tiny bit. Ok, so I don't really feel that guilty, but hey, I've earned it! Who said going back to school didn't have its perks?


Luckily, my mom was off work Monday, so we were able to relax and enjoy some spring break time together. The weather was a little too chilly for the beach, so we took the opportunity to explore Fernandina Beach. The city's adorable historic district is less than an hour away from Jacksonville, making it the perfect place for a day trip. We spent our day walking down Centre St, browsing the shops and enjoying the sunshine. Tree-lined Centre St is full of historic buildings with lots of character making it feel like you're strolling back in time. It's definitely scenic. Lazy me didn't feel like bringing my big camera, so I tried to snap as many good photos as I could with my phone!



      

We were craving fresh seafood for lunch (that's what this city is known for!) and were told by one of the locals to check out The Salty Pelican. The upstairs seating is awesome and we got to sit along a bar top overlooking the water. So nice! We ordered raspberry lemonade cocktails that were strong and delicious, along with shrimp tacos and a shrimp po boy for lunch. And HOLY COW. The food was SO good and seriously, my po boy could have fed 4 people. Yum.

      



And of course we had to stop by The Palace Saloon for a drink. It's Florida's oldest bar!


After that, we walked back up Centre St. and continued to browse the shops. Pelindaba Lavender, Lemongrass, & Twisted Sisters were a few of my favorites! Before leaving, we grabbed some ice cream at Fantastic Fudge & it was the best way to end our day trip.

There's so much more to see and do in Fernandina Beach & around the rest of Amelia Island, and you can find more info here. Here's a few awesome things we missed that I'm hoping to do on my next trip:



Till next time, Blackbeard!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig