Friday, February 12, 2016

Five Happy Things


I can't think of an easier time to focus on the happy things in life than on a Friday afternoon (hooray)! The weekend is officially here and I couldn't be more excited. It's been a while since I shared some happy things in my life, so here's a few:


1. One Line a Day: I picked up this little book on New Year's Day. It has a page for each day of the year for five years and the goal is to write a little something each day. I love that the book only gives you a few lines for each entry because I find myself jotting down only the most memorable moments of that day, which is cool. Plus, only writing a sentence or two makes it much easier to find the time to write every day. The cover and pages are gorgeous too, making it like a pretty, handwritten version of the TimeHop app. So cool.



2. Live Joyously: I'd been in need of a new perfume for a while and this one was on the top of my list. I was hoping I would get it for Christmas and when that didn't happen I kind of just forgot all about it. Until one night, when James completely surprised me with it out of nowhere! Mushy moment alert, but it was so cute and thoughtful and just another reason why I'm lucky to be marrying him :) Anyway, I tend to like sweeter scents and this floral blend of tangerine, pink peony, and warm patchouli is sweet and fresh but very feminine at the same time. I actually didn't love it when I first smelled it in the bottle, but thankfully I gave it a try on my skin because it smells completely different on me! It makes me feel pretty and girly. Love.


3. Chalkboard Notes: I've used our kitchen chalkboard on many occasions, mostly for writing holiday phrases as decor. However, I really love that recently we seem to be using it more and more for silly notes to each other and as a place for our friends to leave funny messages whenever they're over. Here's a tiny collection of some of my recent favorites. I especially like how our friend Blair upgraded my Thanksgiving sign (okay, maybe that one's a little old) and how James did his best to leave me a cute note by changing one I had already written for him. Great chalk calligraphy, guys!


4. Bootcamp: In this picture, please ignore the fact that I'm gross and sweaty and I clearly need to Windex our bedroom mirror more often... and instead focus on the fact that those marks on my arms are from flipping gigantic tires at the gym. Yes, with my scrawny little arms! Maybe you're reading this and you flip tires 3 times a day or something crazy and so you're not very impressed. But listen here pal, this is a big deal for me. I have been out of shape for so long that I could barely move after the first class. Now, I'm doing these crazy things each week and I feel myself getting stronger and much more fit. It's an amazing feeling! Shout out to my friends Katie and Kelly who basically teamed up and sister-bullied me into this class with them. You guys are fabulous and I wouldn't feel this great without you! Especially when we show up in the same outfits...


5. Bella: It's probably weird to have my cat as my last happy thing, but OH WELL. This little bear is so adorably crazy. I mean, just look at these two pictures. What a freak! Not only is she the most beautiful cat around (clearly) but she has the best facial expressions. We are constantly finding her laying in the weirdest places/positions or making the silliest faces. One time I caught her on video opening the laundry room door, climbing on top of the washing machine, and reaching up to knock her treats down off of the shelf. She's also a real jerk 75% of the time but I secretly love it. In those moments she's basically April Ludgate from Parks & Rec. But because of that, I think it makes it so much nicer when she does cuddle up and love us!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Everyday Aesthetic. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig